If you have been injured in a car accident in the North Mississippi/ Memphis metro area, you may have a claim or may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering and permanent injury or disfigurement, as well as reimbursement for medical bills, lost wages and property damage. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2009, 989 people in the state of Tennessee were killed in traffic accidents, as opposed to 700 in Mississippi. Of these fatalities, more than ½ were single vehicle accidents.
Mississippi and Tennessee law both provide that if an individual negligently operates a motor vehicle, and as a result of his/her negligence causes injury to you, the negligent party may be required to pay you damages. You can bring a personal injury claim by filing a complaint (lawsuit) in civil court and having the case decided by a judge or jury, or you may choose to resolve your claim with the other party’s insurance company through an informal settlement method such as mediation or arbitration. This can be done either prior to filing the lawsuit or while the lawsuit is pending.
Motor vehicle accidents are not limited to just cars. In fact, many individuals are injured yearly by the negligence of others operating buses, trucks, watercraft, and motorcycles. The attorneys at The Stroud Law Firm firmly believe that an individual who negligently operates a motor vehicle should be held accountable for the damages – physical, emotional, economic, and sometimes even punitive – that result from their actions; or, in some cases, their inactions. We have worked hard to build a solid reputation for helping our clients obtain the compensation – and the justice – they deserve, both through jury verdicts in a courtroom and settlements at the negotiation table. We have litigated, tried, and settled a large number of car accident cases, including but not limited to the following types of cases:
- Rear end collision cases;
- Intersection accident cases;
- Alcohol and drug related cases;
- Passenger injury cases; and
- Pedestrian injury/death cases.
Our North Mississippi—Memphis metro lawyers handle all automobile accident cases on a contingency fee basis. If you don’t get paid—We don’t get paid! You are not charged an attorneys’ fee unless we recover money for you.
Email us or call us toll free at 855-536-5656.
- Cement Truck Crashes Into Memphis Funeral Procession Killing One Woman Police in Memphis say they are continuing to investigate a deadly accident that involved an out of control cement truck crushing two nearby cars. The ....
- Governors Highway Safety Association Says Motorcycle Accident Deaths Up Dramatically In 2012 Some very worrisome data has experts afraid that 2012 is on track to become the deadliest year yet for motorcycle accidents. The government has been ....
- Northern Mississippi Tractor-Trailer Wreck Leaves One Driver Injured A bad tractor-trailer accident on Highway 78 near Sherman, Mississippi, left one driver in the hospital seeking treatment for serious injuries. The ....